E-mail us | Current banner art: Matt Westervelt

~
We've grown! Check out the new CHS Capitol Hill Seattle -- www.capitolhillseattle.com

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Running errands on foot.

I've been out of town this week, thus the lack of posting here. I was in LA of all places. The city where you have to have a car to survive...

So it was a great feeling today to run errands on Broadway on foot.

I hit Kinkos first, but only because I had a package that had to be shipped via FedEx. It was already to go and just needed to be dropped off, so I didn't have to deal with their employees there. Otherwise, I definitely prefer the Print & Copy at Broadway and John. Better service. Local.

I don't like that Kinkos so much so that I made a second stop at UPS to ship a second package.

The bank came next. Did you know the WaMu branch on Broadway has the most transactions of any other WaMu? That's what their manager told me anyway. Unfortunately, this visit wasn't as pleasant as others I've had. Chalk it up to someone not having their morning coffee.

Noahs next for my morning coffee (lest I get grouchy like the teller at WaMu) and a bagel.

Then the post office. You see it was a morning of getting things out the door that have been nagging me for weeks... I needed to send two letters to PO Boxes, which aren't serviced by UPS. I guess I could have consolidated everything into one, but it was a good excuse for a morning stroll down Broadway.