E-mail us | Current banner art: Matt Westervelt

~
We've grown! Check out the new CHS Capitol Hill Seattle -- www.capitolhillseattle.com

Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm not sure how I feel about Peet's.

I'm not sure how I feel about Peet's coming to Capitol Hill.

When I saw the first signs of construction at their new location (directly across the street from Vivace, who is losing their location to the light rail next year) I found it somewhat opportunistic.

I'm torn though, because the building they are moving into could use a good tenant... If I'm remembering correctly, way back it was Kinkos, empty for a long while, then an African goods store and now Peet's.

It would be nice to have someone stick around for a while. And it seems like only a larger company like Peet's would be willing hold out during the demolition/construction that is going to happen across the street.

p.s. At least it's not a Starbucks.

"In just the 98102 ZIP code there is one Starbucks for every 0.27 square miles and for every 3,885 people," according to Foodio54.com.