E-mail us | Current banner art: Matt Westervelt

~
We've grown! Check out the new CHS Capitol Hill Seattle -- www.capitolhillseattle.com

Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend of Meals on the Hill

I've been on vacation for the last two weeks and, despite the wacked out weather, it's nice to be back on the Hill.

In celebration of being back, I've been eating out as often as possible. This weekend I hit the following:

Saturday
  • Breakfast @ Joe Bar. I ordered my standard jamon and greyere crepe and Irish breakfast tea. I also threw in large glass of AJ, which was awesome.
  • Lunch/Dinner - At home.

Sunday
  • Breakfast @ B&O. The best meal of the weekend. My usual chorizo with ranchero scramble. Hold the potatoes and add fruit. Mocha.
  • Lunch @ Bill's Off Broadway. Something was off with their crust, which soured the whole pizza experience. I'm hoping the dough just wasn't given enough time to rise, which caused it to taste flat and dry. I usually love their crispy, greasy crust!
  • Dinner @ the Vegetarian Noodle Bowl. My first time here and I wasn't impressed. I ordered their tofu satay appetizer as my meal, having had a big lunch and breakfast. The tofu was tolerable, but their peanut sauce was dripping in grease. My eating companion also thought the Thai iced tea was "earthy". I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing.