E-mail us | Current banner art: Matt Westervelt

~
We've grown! Check out the new CHS Capitol Hill Seattle -- www.capitolhillseattle.com

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Park or P-patch?

Exciting things are happening in Capitol Hill. As J of Capitol Hill Seattle mentions, there's a parking lot at 16th and Howell that's going to either be turned into a park or a p-patch, as part of the wonderful Pro-Parks Levy. The other day I saw signs mentioning that the same thing is going to be happening to a parking lot at John and Summit. I don't really know much about the 16th site, but as far as the one on Summit goes, I vote p-patch. There's already Thomas Street Park about a block away, and I don't really see that many people there, really. All that matters to me is that the parking lot go away. But I'm aggressively anti-car. What do you think? Maybe half patch and half park?



Parking lot, your days are numbered.