E-mail us | Current banner art: Matt Westervelt

~
We've grown! Check out the new CHS Capitol Hill Seattle -- www.capitolhillseattle.com

Monday, February 18, 2008

Two Late Night Food Options

Has anyone else had the predicament of finding food near Broadway late at night? I know that after a couple of beers at the Stumbling Monk, I want to get some food into my body in order to feel alright in the morning. There is always the Broadway Grill or Charlie's, but sometimes it is more convenient is to take something to-go. In an effort to be fair there is also Dick's or Jack In the Box, but I'd still rather find another option. On that note, I have discovered two fantastic late night options: Tacos Gringos, open Tu-Sa 8pm-2:30am and Amante Pizza and Pasta, which is open until 3am every night. Both are located on the 1500 block of E. Olive Way.

At Tacos Gringos there are three taco options at $2/ea, two meat and one veggie. (I tried goat for my first time and it was great.) The tacos are on the smaller side, but that makes them perfect for a late night snack. At Amante's they had four types of slices available and I was impressed by the quality of my late night slice. After all, even though it's the wee hours of the morning, it is still nice to eat something that's delicious.