E-mail us | Current banner art: Matt Westervelt

~
We've grown! Check out the new CHS Capitol Hill Seattle -- www.capitolhillseattle.com

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

No, I don't want broadband with my pizza. Thank you.

I'm rarely on the hill for lunch because I work downtown, but today was an exception because of the holiday. Broadway sure is abuzz in the afternoon.

I stopped in to Pagliacci's for a few slices of their Mushroom Primo pizza. The place was packed.

I found a seat near the front of the restaurant sandwiched in between a mother with a large stroller, and a Clearwire sales person who had his sales materials strewn over a couple of tables.

I knew right when I sat down that the sales guy was going to try to talk to me. He had that look in his eye. Or maybe I was just jaded from being approached so many times by Clearwire salespeople on the street and in malls.

The sales guy had obviously made a connection with one of the employees, who stopped by a couple of times. A potential sale?

I buried my head in The Stranger to try to avoid contact, but unfortunately looked up just as the guy was leaving. I hope the look on my face when he flashed his business card my way was enough of a response to convey what I was thinking. You see, my mouth was full so I couldn't speak. I was eating lunch!

Staking claim in a busy restaurant to try to make some sales is a new low.